The Perinatal Consortium for Educational Opportunities & the Association of Women’s Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses- Dayton Chapter presents:
Perinatal and Infant Loss Support
Fall Evening Event
Tuesday, November 7, 2023
Upper Valley Medical Center POB Rooms 1&2
3031 N County Road 25A
Troy, Ohio 45373
- 5:30–6:00 pm: Registration, networking, and dinner
- 6:00–7:00 pm: Program opening
- 7:00-7:20 pm: Break (desserts)
- 7:20-8:20 pm: Program ending
- 8:20-8:30 pm: Closing (Door Prizes at 830pm☺)
Speaker: Kelly Gerken-Sufficient Grace Ministries
Training purpose and objectives:
This training equips nurses, chaplains, social workers, physicians, doulas, volunteers, and caregivers to implement a more
comprehensive family-centered approach to caring for families facing a perinatal loss or life-limiting diagnosis in pregnancy.
SGM Perinatal and Neonatal Loss Support Training
- Recognize the bereaved parent’s perspective and the need for options and resources.
- Describe the caregiver’s responsibility in helping to create a lasting, tangible memory for bereaved parents experiencing
- Apply companioning methods when forming a comprehensive family-centered perinatal loss support program in the hospital
setting and beyond.
- Prepare a collaborative, multi-faceted palliative care team plan for perinatal hospice patients.
Nursing Contact Hours: 2.0
This continuing professional development activity was approved by the Ohio Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. (OBN-001-91) ONA # 2022-0000000670
Criteria for Successful Completion: Includes attendance at the entire event, and completion of the evaluation form
Financial Disclosure: No one with the ability to control content of this activity has a relevant financial relationship(s) to disclose with an ineligible company
Program Fees: AWHONN/PCEO Members and students: $20 Non-Members: $30
Fee includes registration, Panera Box dinner, and contact hours. PCEO has graciously agreed to subsidize this event to support the nursing profession and their dedication to this important topic.
Registration: NO Walk-ins will be permitted. Substitutions allowed. No refunds.
Registration deadline is October 31st. Register here