This program was developed to help nurses caring for patients who experience complications during pregnancy in the Antepartum, Intrapartum, and/or Postpartum stage(s) of pregnancy. This class will offer education, discussion, case studies, and assessment skills review.
- Describe the complications of pregnancy that may require hospitalization.
- Identify medical conditions that can complicate pregnancy
- Define Practice Standards for care of perinatal patients experiencing pre-term labor, PPROM, Preeclampsia/HTN, Diabetes.
- Identify common antepartum testing and fetal surveillance practices
- Discuss evidence-based nursing care priorities for the inpatient high-risk perinatal patient
- Demonstrate routine and problem focused antepartum assessments and interventions
Contact Hours: 6.8
Bon Secours Mercy Health is approved with distinction as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Virginia Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Faculty: Qualified and experienced L&D nurses and nurse educators.
Target Audience: All perinatal nurses and nursing students interested in care of the obstetrical patients experiencing complications of pregnancy.