Cut to the Chase… Interactive Perioperative OB
This class was designed to heighten your knowledge regarding safety and routine practice in the Operating Room for nurses and scrub techs. Understanding the basics of OR techniques and guidelines for care will allow the participant to begin the transition into caring for an OB patient in the OR.
**Each participant is asked to bring a sterile gown and 4 pairs of gloves from their facility for practice and use during the skills stations. **
- Discuss the principles of aseptic technique
- Describe circulating nurse responsibilities including safety measures before, during and after a surgical procedure
- Demonstrate proper hand scrubbing, individual and assisted gowning and gloving
- Describe responsibilities of scrub nurse
- Describe the nursing responsibility and role in OR emergencies such as Malignant Hyperthermia and Fire in the OR.
Contact Hours: 6.5 hours
Kettering Health is approved with distinction as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by Maryland Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Faculty: Experienced, qualified healthcare professionals
Target Audience: Scrub techs and obstetrical nurse interested in learning more about the basic operating room skills needed in the care of the OB patient