Advanced Fetal Heart Monitoring Course
The Advanced Fetal Heart Monitoring Course is a one-day workshop focusing on the application of advanced fetal heart monitoring knowledge and skills in intrapartum nursing practice. It is designed by AWHONN for registered nurses who have successfully completed the AWHONN Intermediate Fetal Heart Monitoring (formerly called FHMPP) two-day workshop and builds on the essential knowledge and skills gained through the FHMPP two-day workshop.
- Describe physiologic principles of maternal and fetal oxygen transfer and acid-base balance.
- Identify physiologic principles underlying fetal heart monitoring.
- Describe concepts in antenatal testing including analysis and interpretation of biophysical profiles and complex antenatal fetal heart monitoring tracings.
- Relate physiologic principles to the goals and interventions of antenatal testing.
- Evaluate interventions for patients undergoing antenatal testing.
***Completion of a written examination is now OPTIONAL for some participants, but your Manager/Educator my chose to make the test MANDATORY for you. This Post-Test is no longer taken at the actual course location but will be completed online within 30 days after the course if you are required to take it. Participants should review the AWHONN Fetal Heart Monitoring Principles & Practices, 5th edition, NICHD nomenclature, and their Intermediate workshop outline/notes in preparation for this course. The AWHONN FHM Principles & Practices
5th edition can be purchased at AWHONN.org.
Requirements: Managers must approve participant’s attendance as indicated by manager signature on registration form.
***PLEASE DISCUSS WITH YOUR MANAGER/EDUCATOR WHETHER THE POST-TEST WILL BE REQUIRED FOR YOU PRIOR TO ATTENDING THE CLASS.
Contact Hours: 8 contact hours/6 CMEs
(Continuing education credit is awarded by AWHONN)
Faculty: Region II AWHONN Instructors
Target Audience: Participants should have at least three years of experience using fetal heart monitoring technology in an intrapartum setting and have successfully completed the FHMPP two-day workshop.
Maximum Attendance: Dependent on Room Size (Minimum: 10)
Dates & Location:
- August 31st Miami Valley Hospital- Berry 5
- October 21st Miami Valley Hospital- Berry 5
PCEO Member: $110.00
Non-PCEO Member: $145.00